Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pregnancy Update: Week 17

Last Thursday I had my routine check up and I was able to hear baby's heartbeat! My doctor was using the fetal doppler to search for baby's heartbeat and said baby was moving around a lot from all the swooshing noise. She scanned baby's heartbeat and baby's heart rate was measuring at a healthy 150. Although I know baby is moving around a lot, I have yet to experience the feeling of baby kicks. It wasn't until later that day after lunch that I felt something. At first I thought it was just my tummy rumbling but then I notice it was happening quite frequently. I then knew it was BH! BH was moving around and I was able to finally feel it for the first time. I sometime still can't believe that I'm pregnant.


How far along?
17 Weeks! Officially 4 months pregnant. 
Weight gain:  3lb. total. I think I'm starting to gain the weight a lot faster now that I'm in my second trimester.
Maternity clothes: None so far. 
Stretch marks? Nope! I making sure I apply my oil and lotion everyday. 
Sleep: The past few days has been rough. The other day was probably one of the worst sleep I had as I was tossing and turning, trying to find a comfy position. Ugh! I hope this doesn't last throughout the rest of my pregnancy. 
Best moment this week: I finally felt BH move! It felt like bubbles popping and I'm sure it was baby moving around. My husband felt BH movement too when he place his hand on my belly. 
Miss anything? Being comfortable. Lately I've been having this sharp shooting pain down my left buttock. I did some research online and from the symptoms I think it is posterior pelvic pain. It sucks so bad that I even cried at one point because with even the slightest move I made the pain would hit me all of a sudden. 
Movement: YUP! See my Best moment this week above. 
Food cravings: Tacos. I've bought stuff to make tacos and guacamole the other. Can't wait for taco night =P 
Anything making you queasy or sick? No. 
Gender: We will reveal BH gender later on in another post =)
Symptoms: Posterior pelvic pain (mostly on my upper left buttock), minor headaches, and shortness of breath.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Of course Happy! 
Looking forward to: Revealing the gender to our family and friends and seeing/hearing their reaction.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you have food cravings you should make enough to invite us over. My pocket fatty loves to eat. =]

    -Marco

    ReplyDelete