Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Nursery Progress: Furniture

Yay! We finally got some furniture assembled and installed!

Our first purchase was the crib.  We scored a great deal on it (under $300 shipped with 2 day delivery) I couldn't pass it up and plus it was just what I was looking for. I wanted a white crib with clean straight lines and this one had it and much more! I love that it is white, modern looking and it has a storage drawer below which is a plus in my book (the more storage, the better). It also converts to a toddler bed which is good when baby girl is older or we may just keep it as a crib and use it for our future second child. I was so thrilled when it arrived I asked hubby to assemble it right away LOL.

Awesome feature of the crib, the drawer!

Next purchase was the dresser. We bought the Ikea Hemnes dresser in white and I love it even more with the drawer pulls I purchased. It originally came with black knobs which I didn't like, so I purchased come cute round pulls in gold. I searched everywhere for them online and I finally found them for a really good price. It definitely makes the dresser look a lot better and more expensive.

Love the ring pulls I purchase. 

We are not done shopping for furniture yet. I still want to get a few more things. So far everything is slowly coming together and I cannot wait to reveal her room once it's all done.

Our to-do's list:
  • clean out the room 
  • paint the walls
  • purchase new blinds, curtain rods, and curtains
  • new rug
  • ceiling light fixtures and table lamp
  • purchase crib
  • get a dresser and a closet
  • hang art
  • get a rocker/glider
  • DIY crib skirt
  • curtain rod
As for a the design/decor, I've kind of change up the plan from my first post about the nursery. I honesty thought we were having a boy before we found out baby was a girl. Therefore, I was focus on ideas that were mostly masculine but now I'm moving towards having more feminine colors and decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment